When two sleepaholics collide

I love sleeping :-) I unashamedly write it down as one of my hobbies till this day! My family and close friends will attest to this fact as well. They may also regal you with tales of how difficult it is to pull me away from this great love of mine, i.e. wake me up.


I had a feeling when I was younger that my siblings used to pull straws for who will have the privilege (read: unsavoury experience) of trying to wake me up. My all time trick then was to tell whoever was sent to wake me that I was up but wanted to pray first and then I’ll kneel down and start praying and then sleep off again (hides head in shame)!! And then, if my sibling accuses me of sleeping rather than praying, I will insist that I was still praying and ask them to prove it.... and that argument could continue for a long while!

I also remember another sleeping episode in boarding schools when burglars came into the house (I think it was purple house) which was next to mine, and everybody in my house woke up and ran out of the dormitory screaming in case they decided to come to my house as well, and I slept right through loads of girls’ screaming and the robbery. The girls in my room returned to find me still sleeping...

I do feel that I have gotten a lot better with the waking up bit in recent years. Though, some friends may say otherwise but I’m able most days to get up in time to catch the bus for work with the aid of two to three alarm clocks without any of the said clocks coming to any harm.

But the boot got firmly fitted on the other leg last weekend when I went to Alton towers with a friend of mine, Buchi. I had previously stayed at hers for a couple of weeks when I newly moved to Wales but she was still at Uni then so didn’t need to get up early while I was working and had to set two to three alarms to get up in time to catch my bus. So I had no clue that she was a sleepaholic like me!

So fast forward to last weekend, and we are in an unfamiliar town and need to go catch a bus to take us to Alton towers and Buchi refuses to stand up from bed.

I try everything,

Calling her phone so she thinks she has a call and wakes to answer it, she doesn’t budge..

Putting on all the lights in the hotel room, nothing..

Repeatedly calling, pleading, cajoling, threatening... she doesn’t even stir and only mutters that she’s on holiday and I should stop disturbing her...

In that one moment, I had my epiphany and suddenly realised that this is what my family and friends have gone through with me in trying to get me to wake up early for school, church, social events, fellowship... I had to stop my ‘getting Buchi to wake up’ efforts for a minute or five to quickly mutter an apology to all the people who had every tried to wake me up in the distant past and I will say it again,

To everyone who tried one way or the other, using various techniques to get me up from bed, I say that I understand your frustrations and I will like to say sorry for the grief I caused :-)!!

As for the Alton Towers visit, Buchi finally got up and although we did miss our bus, we finally got to Alton Towers and had a lovely time!!

4 comments:

Uzygirl said...

Lolol! We didn't draw straws oh. You forgot the time when you rolled off the bed, rolled under and continued sleeping. It took us a while to realise you hadn't been kidnapped :) I still remember you sleeping through the burglar incident on your birthday. What a day! Apology accepted...

Gee said...

lol!!! I didn't even recall that time Nne!!

Che said...

Hi 5 jor to sleepaholics like me. But babe, your own bad ooooo, ahnnn ahnnnn. How can you sleep through a robbery ehhh :-p... I love to sleep, but wake up @ any slight noise, but can quickly fall back to sleep. I marvel when people say that they find it difficult to sleep. Say whattttttt. How can that be? LOL.

Anonymous said...

[p]Every individual bead consists of inside posts which can be attached in a in an attempt to the actual ring by [url=http://www.saletiffanysetsonline.co.uk]tiffany heart pendant[/url] itself . The next matter which may be carried out would be to examine the look upon and [url=http://www.cheapsilvertiffanyuk.co.uk]Tiffany Bracelet[/url] when the look can be obtained online you隆炉ll be able to end up being relaxation guarantee that you隆炉re purchasing the correct item . You can definitely takes place own Pandora necklaces and bracelets for many reasons culturally as well as [url=http://dtiffanyjewelleryuksale.webeden.co.uk]cheap tiffany jewellery sale[/url] socially . Other new designs are also regularly [url=http://www.cheapsilvertiffanyuk.co.uk]discount Tiffany Bracelet[/url] added to the collection . It offers a superior your biggest number of goods incorporate expensive jewelry, allure providers, rings, earrings, jewellery and the like . Secondly [url=http://www.cheapsilvertiffanyuk.co.uk]tiffany bracelet uk sale[/url] so they can隆炉t be caught they rarely have a contact address . All of these thomas sabo valentine earn really most suitable trinkets, specifically for those consumers so, who appear to experience the whole thing -- you隆炉re able to [url=http://tiffanyearringssaleuks.webeden.co.uk]Cheap Tiffany Earrings UK Sale[/url] not have way to many Jones Sabo Charm bracelets! Quite often, selecting can present if anyone else is is incredibly very difficult, still this particular options of charm bracelets, selecting a latest created from quite straight forward . These kinds of options are commonly seriously rational selections C as an example a person could possibly effectively prioritise their workload in order that the essential points get carried out initially . However, the Pandora brand beads and jewelries are much expensive than [url=http://dtiffanyjewelleryuksale.webeden.co.uk]cheap tiffany jewellery sale uk[/url] Pandora style beads and jewelries.[/p]

[url=http://www.sportshebdo.com/forums/easy-commercial-bank-mortgage.html?nocache=1#comment-380055]we sale cheap jewellery online 9t[/url]
[url=http://www.ekspressauto.ee/fin/forum/show_posts/?thread=9983&quote=73628&t=1349504429]They sale discount handbags online 8m[/url]
[url=http://imperiobizantino.estrategiammo.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=243]They sale discount jewellery online 7z[/url]
[url=http://edomaining.com/2010/11/domaining-coupon-codes-11022010/]They sale cheap handbags online 1t[/url]
[url=http://www.onlybaseballmatters.com/]we sale discount handbags online 6y[/url]

About Me

My photo
I've been saved by grace, redeemed by HIS love!! Still amazed that God calls me His friend... I'm a growing Christian, I love God and want to serve Him to the best of my abilities!

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger